View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 03:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

the trial worked perfect for me, i was only affected from fingers to like right above my elbow in my left arm. once i had the stim put it i spread up my arm to like my neck/shoulder area- one of my scars is right between my shoulder blades...so coincidence.. i think not. and then i wasn't getting nearly 50% of the coverage i did with the trial. i saw the medtronics rep several times to reprogram it... and still nada. my doc at the time told me to get over it and refused to put me back on any pain meds- he had taken me off all of them after i was all healed from surgery and told me to just get a job and move on with life. my pain levels had increased so much more by that point... i ended up moving back to cali- i was in ks- and got a new pm team.... back on pain meds and since the stim wasn't helping and made my back and hip hurt... plus the annoying shocks, i finally decided to have it taken out. at first i was just too scared the surgery to remove it would cause another spread... but i finally just sucked it up and decided to have it taken out. it def got rid of my back and hip pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
lostmary, just wandering why you had the scs removed--i just had one put in--i do not have to worry about spreading as i already have full body rsd--just curios

cheers!!!!!!!!!!

fireball!!!!!!!!!!