View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had my first one put in back in Nov. 07. Things were fine. Didn't get as much relief as the trial, but even the relief I got was good. I really loved it. After a while it didn't seem to work as well. I thought I was just getting used to it. then it seemed that where I had the battery implanted ( in my upper butt), was always hurting and burning. My dr. finally agreed to move it, then decided that to move it to my belly, that he wanted another dr. to do it. I found another dr. in my area to do it. Went to him and he did X-rays and it showed that the leads were not any where near where they were suppose to be, so he said he would put a complete new unit in, one with paddles, etc. Had it done, ended up with about 80 staples. the dr. had to open up old site to remove 1st unit (he couldn't just pull wires thru due to extensive scaring), then open more for new unit. After 2 wks removed all staples. I was complaining of pain in the new battery site of pain. everyone said it was fine. A week later I was still complaining of pain, and then I got what I thought was the flu. very sick, etc. woke up one night covered it pus. I developed merser, had emergency surgery, ended up in a nursing home (it may not have been hell, but it was in the same zip code ). Had PICC line, home nursing heath care when I finally got home, all this went on for a couple more months. I realize that getting merser had nothing to do with the scs. That was just the hospital, but it didn't add to making me feel better. Now I have RSD in both legs (had that before scs), in my butt, and my back. My back in now so painful and weak that I can barely stand. I'm hoping that the pain pump will help.

Hugs
Mary