View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 03:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi there

I can feel your fear and anxiety in your post. Not that I blame you, have been through an awful experience and are facing a stressful, heartbreaking time in other areas.

From the information I have read, once you have had one aneurysm you are about twenty percent more likely than the rest of the general population to develop another one. I know that sounds high, but when you consider that that statistic is based on the whole population it is not as bad as it sounds. Also, now that you have had one of them, I would imagine that you will be monitored just in case.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad as well. I lost my mum to cancer and it is so cruel. I found it incredibly hard to grieve for a person that was still alive and the fear, stress, pain and the feeling of helplessness was overpowering. Have you got a support network to help you to cope?

I can't help but think it would be good for you to talk to a doctor about your aneurysm fears and get some advice.

Please take care, and keep us posted.

Lyn

hi lyn

thank you for your reply,
dad was poorly today and i am hoping it's just the side affects from the radio thearapy, as they had to blast through his intestines to get to the lower spine.
No i have not yet approached any one regards to support but have the doctors in the morning so if i can pluck up the courage i will ask about it, i aint very good at asking for help, hence joining this, i feel so silly that maybe doctors have already explained to me exactly what happened in theartre, how big the annie was ect, but i can't remember and it is frustrating,
and i was asked if i wanted a social worker to come see me when discharged from hospital, i refused thinking i could do it all myself, how silly was i???
thankyou for your kind words and wisdom ,

robi
can't remember is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote