View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi MomInPain,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through all of this and really hope you start feeling better real soon ... I would definitely mention it to your Pain Management Doctor, GP etc as it isn't fair that you should be going through all of this and there might be something else causing your problems other than your RSD that can be easily fixed!! It's important that you rule other things out, don't ever just assume that everything is RSD - I know most of the time it is unfortunately but it's still important that you get it checked out!

I also suffer from temporary hearing loss that can happen a few times a day! I have noticed that it is worse when the pain is at it's highest and it also seems to be worse when I have gotten out of the bath tub!! I also have a smell in my left ear which is worst affected and it feels a bit crusty and like it is blocked with something. I mentioned it to my Physical Therapists and they said that it sounded like a nasty ear infection and to go and see my GP so i'm going to make an appointment as I read somewhere on the internet that people with RSD are more prone to ear infections but I can't seem to find the article now unfortunately! It's really strange though as the symptoms aren't there all the time and just come a few times a day!!

I'm thinking about you and please go and see your doctor and rule other possibilities out!! I hope you feel better real soon and please keep us updated when you can!
MominPainRSD (02-01-2009)