View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI6607 View Post
I have placed a thread on the Myasthenia Gravis site, but thought I would share on this site as well....I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea in the early 90's as I took a sleep study at a Desert Storm physical. I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis in November of 2006, three months before retiring from 41 years of military service. My apnea has gotten much worse in the past year. I have had two sleep studies in the past month that diagnosed central and obstructive sleep apnea and received my Bi-Pap last week. The physician has started me off with a pressure of 10/18. I have documents from Mayo Clinic that state that Myasthenia Gravis can be a cause of central sleep apnea. Has anyone else had diagnoses that suggest that a neurological disease/disorder can cause central sleep apnea?
2-1-09
I too have central OSA (diagnosed 1987) and MG (since 2006 or before) and my neurologist informed me that there is research to tie the two together. You may want to contact the Myasthenia Foundation Of America () for more information. They also have a spring seminar where all of the experts speak and the latest state of the art treatment info is disseminated. My problem is getting the VA to consider this service connected (medic in Vietnam 1970-71 in I Corps with 1/6th Infantry, 198th INF Bde, 23d INF DIV. (Americal, aka "Metracal Division"). Exposed to agent orange, C-rats, VC, ARVNS, NVA and lead. Has anyone had any luck getting service connection from DVA? Check out the MGFA and stay well.
Tom
Tom Parrish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote