View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member

I love taking a whole head of lettuce out to feed my geese, sitting down on the porch, and watching them have at it.

Moe stands guard while Larry (Larissa) eats... and I sit and ponder, seeing that he takes none for himself, as if he knows she needs to eat lots to create eggs.

Larry has laid an even dozen now, one every other day... they're HUGE.

and I think about tending new goslings (I'm going to hatch the eggs in the incubator, and hand-raise them, so they're tame)

watching and caring for all my birds brings me comfort, joy, and I learn a lot about their social habits, which keeps my brain busy, and distracts me from pain.

playing games on the computer comforts me, as does curling up with a good sci-fi novel... surrounded by my drapey beautiful hanging mosquito nets.

oh, and cranking up the Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Police, Rachmaninoff, or Beethoven... that works for me.

hot tea, in my special large plastic thermal mug, with the big handle, that has inner finger grips... I haven't yet spilled from this cup, or dropped it... and even if I did, it can't break, which really helps me relax, and makes me happy to not have to worry about spilled hot tea, or cleaning up another broken dish.

and I can't BELIEVE nobody mentioned FOOD... which is a great comfort and a joy, especially as my husband is an exquisite cook.

tonight's dinner was duck in a curry sauce, made with peanut butter and coconut cream... on a bed of rice, and a huge salad of curly green lettuce... ahhhhhhhhh!!

last on my comfort list is CHOCOLATE !!

chocolate is a rare treat in the jungle, and I try to eat it very s...l...o...w...l...y, savoring every tiny bit, letting it melt in my mouth before I swallow.

ewizabeth (02-03-2009), GmaSue (02-03-2009)