View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Clipped Middle Cerebral bi-lobe Jan 27th, home now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielli View Post
Nancy
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.I had one clipped in 2004 and it wasn't bad at all.First you don't remember the first few nights in ICU and then they take you to your room.I had my hair washed on day 4 or 5 can't remember and my left eye was swollen shut,that hurt more then my head. I would show you pictures but don't want to scare anyone. Believe it or not I had a headache the night after my coil and really no pain with the clipping. Like Ruthie said you will sleep a lot the first week but don't over do it when you start feeling better.I thought after four weeks I could go back to doing everything I use to,well I was wrong and paid for it.So take things slow and rest you'll do fine.

ooxx
Mimi
I came home on Friday evening, 2 days ICU, 1 1/2 regular. I don't remember anything much, had some morphine, then Tylenol. Still taking tylenol for head pain, it is mostly from the swelling, not from the 23 staples. I do tire easily, after all brain surgery isn't like having a mole removed. I am lucky to have strong family support. I am 62 and my dau, lives two doors down and husband staying home this week with me. Next week is hers. I haven't had any brain problems at all. I consider myself lucky. I did wear a scarf when my granddaughter came to see me, the shaved head, swelling and staples tend to cause me nightmare, so I knew she would get them. The thought of getting the rest of the hair cut off so it grows in all the same is still whirling in my head. I had the 12mm coiled in July, this one was around a 5mm, but the Doc said he didn't like the shape of it I guess because its a bi lobe.
Nancy0708 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just drea (02-02-2009)