View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Continued prayers Rochelle,
And Curious..you're so right! It IS those little moments that just stick with us in the "memory bank".
A month before my Dad died, my husband & I traveled the 425 miles to be with him for his 87th birthday. He was weak, on oxygen 24/7, yet still able at that time to get from his bed to his recliner in the living room.
As we were ending a wonderful visit and about to head back home, my brother-in-law (a Baptist minister) suggested that we all hold hands and pray for us for a safe journey back home. He asked Dad if HE wanted to pray (Dad also a Baptist minister of that same church) declined, like he was too weak to do it. I stood there, holding my Dad's hand since I was first to his right. As soon as my BIL had said the Amen, Dad began with the prayer that he had spoken every evening at the dinner table. Word for word, it came out loud and strong. Needless to say, my hands were shaking!! I shall never forget that moment and memory. I bawled the first 2 hours of the ride back home as I KNEW it would be the last time I'd see Dad alive.
A month later, I received a phone call, saying to come as Dad was failing. He held on until I got there. Although he was in a med. induced coma at that time, I still know that he knew I was there as when I spoke, the eyelids lifted ever so slightly.
Rochelle, I'm not trying to bring you down hun, with all the mention of my memories...but I just wanted to share things that shall ALWAYS be a beautiful part of the thoughts of our dear loved ones lives here on earth.
God Be With You,

Marilyn

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (02-05-2009), pono (02-03-2009), Twinkletoes (02-02-2009)