Thread: wow... hope!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mind/Body connection..

There are for me many factors that are in play here. I do not deny or dispute the incredible mind/body connection. I just wish they were connected right 'cause my mind says yes but my body says no! I WAS abused as a child, sexually and otherwise aside from violent abuse. I had a mother who was present but non existant. Ya wanna talk about what kind of baggage that brings to someone who meets the love of their life and what kind of hell that can cause in light of resentment and the female role model, we don't have enough couch!! When I was diagnosed with PD we had one of the worst years of our marriage so far. I lost my 2nd job, my wife was on antidepressants and laid in bed for days at a time, we were losing our house to foreclosure. I was over 400 on the "life events scale" if any of you have heard that is a supposed scale that psychologists have said scores significant life events. Over 300, significant risk of serious illness in the immediate future due to stressors. Then years later we were back at it again, getting divorced after years of trying to make it work. I got testicular cancer 1 month later. It was so significant it spread to my lung. I had 3 surgeries and chemotherapy. Do ya think they may be related? I don't know. I may have survived the abuse but years later I am still paying the price. I did file charges but after I was grown and now, at 41 y/o with that being years ago they didn't pursue it very aggressively although this went on for some 9-10 years. Many red flags, signs and many, many tears.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote