View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I had my surgery in July of 2005, and I still have alot of anger, anxiety and deppression stemming for the whole experience. I go thru my phases were I will be fine for a while then drop into a funk thinking about everything and then being paranoid about my future health. So its most definetely normal to have these types of feelings. And I know first hand that its difficult to discuss these feelings with people who haven't experienced this type of traumatic event. I've even had a few people have the nerve to say that I use my experience as a "crutch" and that all those feelings are "just in my head". I was like "WOW, really? Lets see how you would feel after having an aneurysm at 27 years old". I've tried "medicine" and to tell you the truth I find talking to others like me to be the most theraputic. But you gotta figure out what works best for you.

There are going to be those times where you feel depressed and confused, but always remember we are all here for one another. In some way we are a type of family here, brought together by our common experience. So if you should ever need us, we are here.

Last edited by BAlive; 02-02-2009 at 09:31 PM.
BAlive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (01-29-2013)