Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyd View Post
To MelodyL:
Thankyou for the reply. I've only been able to research properly since xmas. Finally received a computer. Sure wished I'd had one a few years ago. I have many questions for you!!! I'll start slow. I have my neuro doc. looking into the MethylB12 for me. I have an appt. with him on Feb. 24, which is when we will discuss this. I'm confused on level to start. What to add and when. Is there a list of the other co-factors etc. that I could get. I don't have most of the bad symptoms anymore. Do I still need all the co-factors and showstoppers I read about. My lingering symptoms are: joint pain, muscle pain, slight imbalance, stomach gastritis comes and goes and is infrequent and eyesight is still bad. What is your story. Is there a post I could go to to read about you? I'm not very versed in vitamin treatment. I do take a multi, zinc, calcium/D, fish oil, C, E, and Folate. Any help would be appreciated.
The best thing for you to do is go to the top of these threads (where it says SEARCH), and type in Methyl B-12.

There you will find ALL POSTINGS about this supplement. You'll find me there too!!!

My story is quite easy to tell. I was diabetic for 20 years, did not watch anything I was supposed to watch and I developed diabetic neuropathy about two years ago. Because I knew all about Methyl B-12 (from going on these forums), I immediately knew what I had to do.

I started taking the 1000 of the Jarrows formula. Within one week I knew I had to go on the 5000. I tried other brands. They did not do for me what the Jarrows 5000 did.

Stopped the burning in its tracks. And I mean, burning, buzzing, etc.

I also got real about my diet and I watch it like a hawk. My diabetic doctor will say "it's because you are controlling your sugar, that's why you have no symptoms of the neuropathy". I disagree.

You see doctors (and I love my diabetic doctor), but they really are not trained in nutrition.

I had gone to a nutritionist years ago. I got my diet under control 4 years ago but I really kicked it into high gear this year when I started to grow my own sprouts (which are full of anti-oxidants).

It's just something I enjoy doing. And I get to eat what I grow, and me and my husband feel soooo much better after eating this way.

We go to the bathroom every day (that in itself is a BONUS), believe me.

When you clean out your gut, you can face the day. When you are all backed up, well, you don't walk around smiling.

From what I've read, there are absolutely no side effects from taking the dosage I'm taking. None whatsoever. Because even though I am taking 5000 each morning, I have read that only a fraction actually gets into my blood stream.

methyl B-12 needs intrinsic factor (it's in the stomach), to make it absorbable. Read up on this and you'll understand it all.

I wouldn't count on your physician to be all gung ho and say "oh, wow, you want to go on Methyl b-12.".

They don't do this. They just look at you like you are crazy and give you pills.

I for one, don't want to be on any more meds.

My goal is to be off ALL my meds someday. Might not happen.

Then again, it just might happen.

I can tell you one thing.

The eating plan that we are using in this house, WORKS WONDERS!!!

And because I take the Methyl b-12, I have energy to do what I need to do.

I also walk as often as I can. Good for the muscles, and nerves.

Gets the blood going.

If you can't do this, then sit down and try and do some light weights. (I do 3 lb weights).

It's a no brainer.

If we don't move, eventually WE CAN'T MOVE.

That's why, at my age (61), I try and move as often as I can.

And the fish oil I take has helped tremendously with inflammation in my body.

I'm a big believer in all this.

I never was before.

I just took my oral meds (now this was YEARS ago), and I thought I could eat whatever I wanted.

I self medicated with food. I no longer do this. I guess I just got scared enough to make a change.

Not easy, this I can tell you.

But it's a part of me now, and I don't think I could eat any other way.

I like my salads, my extra virgin olive oil, my greens, and my sprouts.

And I eat fish. i love salmon, and tuna.

I keep away from the carbs.

I eat my protein.

and I take my supplements.

I take Vitamin D, fish oil, magnesium, chromium picolinate, B-complex, Methyl B-12 and probably others that I can't remember ...lol

I have them all ready in the morning when I get up.

I take the methyl b-12 immediately when I get up (on an empty stomach),

So do the best you can.

Read up on the Methyl b-12.

I wish you much success.

Melody
And you can pm me any time you wish.

I am having some computer problems lately so if I don't answer right away, don't think I don't check my email. I check in every day, but sometimes we get viruses and I have to get rid of them, and reboot and sometimes, I want to take a hammer and kill my computer. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindyd (02-03-2009)