View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also go to pain management and while my doc does give steroid shots and nerve shots (I get both, the steriod shots work a little and the never shots were a failure), he also does other things as well. I would talk to the other office a little more or make an appointment to go in and see what else he has to offer. If you don't like it, don't go back. If you try looking for a pain clinic they may have many options you can try. Meds aren't always the answer, but they do help.
Primary care docs for the most part (Liz is very lucky by the way) are uncomfortable with really going whole hog with the pain meds. All the arrests and crackdowns on docs by the federal governement will do that to ya! Depending on where you live, you might try one of the larger hospitals and work from there. Another answer is to call an Oncologist's (cancer doc) offices and see if they have any recommendations for pain manamgement docs, if you are having problems finding any docs.
I know there is a website for pain docs...but I am not sure where it is. By the way, some pain clinics only work on some types of pain. I have FM and the moment I mention it, they back away because some docs will only treat patients don't have chronic pain. Only acute pain. Its a crap shoot sometimes. I had to call 5 different clinics before I found one who would take me.
Good luck on your search.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote