View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You know, I'm sure glad Steve does this every week but I have to ask...where is everyone? Some updates would be nice, so come on people...

I gave my oral for my thesis and it couldn't have gone any better. Only two more weeks and my educational career as a student will come to a close. Besides focusing on the speaking business and my documentary film, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Lots of life issues to be resolved I guess. I am in the running to speak at graduation so we'll see if that pans out. I haven't told anyone about the possibility as I want it to be a surprise if it happens. Would really like to do it though...

We had one day of rain and I thought that winter had arrived but we're back up in the 80's again. Such is life in Southern California! Sunglasses and shorts year around!

Started the fight with my insurance company to go out of network to see a MDS since my insurance doesn't offer one that's not a 2 hour drive from my home. I just refuse to do that kind of a drive in LA traffic. Not fun. So hopefully I can get this resolved. My wife's GP said she'd work with whatever doctor I'm seeing and write the prescriptions for me, so that was pretty cool.

Other than that, I'm just putting right along and looking forward to the holiday season. It's my favorite time of year. My personal tradition is to watch the following movies and shows each year without fail (I have them all on DVD):

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original cartoon, not the Jim Carrey version-yuk!)

Miracle on 34th Street (the original black and white version with a very young Natalie Wood)

A Charlie Brown Christmas (The Linus speech is legendary!)

Frosty (the Rankin & Bass cartoon)

Rudolph (the claymation one with Burl Ives)

It's A Wonderful Life (Jimmy Stewart rocks!)

A Christmas Carol (the black and white version from 1951 with Alastair Sim - amazing!)

For me, no holiday is complete until I've watched them all. And this year I get to do it all on my new 42" HD plasma! Woohoo!

Have a great week everyone...

Todd
PDTalks.com

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote