View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Dear Wishful ....

If you are in college, there is an emergency student counseling hotline you can call, explain that your current therapist has repeatedly indicated that she considers you to have problems she cannot deal with in therapy

Tell them that your self-esteem has taken a real beating and your depression has worsened to the point to where you are afraid you may have to drop out of college....

And tell them that you ARE on a waiting list for another therapist... but you are still seeing this therapist because she keeps making new appointments and you don't know how to get out of therapy without hurting her feelings --- but at the same time, you are sure you HAVE to be having weekly contact with SOMEONE - that you can't go cold turkey, because then you WOULD crash and burn. And HAVE to drop out of college.

Ask them if there is any way they can bump you up on a waiting list or find someone who could take an extra, at least til a permanent therapist opens up.

This is what I would do or what I would advise my very best friend to do. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't be afraid to reach out. And you call that hotline as much as you need to. Okay?

Teri
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote