View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi DM,

I hear you! It is confusing and very scary to see that your osteo is getting worse and here you are taking these drugs that can have ill affects on your health for years to come! Has you doctor discussed nutritional supplementation with you? Please read my post to ewizabeth.

All of these drugs carry the same potential side effects and they all linger in the skeletal system for at least 10 years. The IV route of transmission means the delivery of the drug can be directly into the blood stream and pass the digestive tract which means it is the most potent form of the drug. This route of transmission is well known to have serious side effects on the jawbone. Please seek information on alternative methods before you enter into another phase of these meds. I know it is difficult to know the right thing to do....... but please explore your options to the best of your ability.

Thanks for posting your situation....... let us know what you decide to do.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM View Post
Hey Bryanna! Thanks for posting this. I've done so much research on Osteo drugs, my head is literally spinning. I just finished 16 months of Boniva injections every 3 months and my T scores were noticably worse on my last Dexascan. I am so disheartened, but am thinking of the Reclast once a yr IV. My Dr wants me to do the daily Forteo injections, but I'm not too pleased w/what I'm reading about that either. It's scary when your'e trying to treat a disease and end up w/another one! I'm very angry about these Osteo meds!!

Thanks again!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote