Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Pcos...

yes, I have this too.

But in my day, little was done for it.

I am now taking d-chiro inositol (which is used in PCOS patients) and will report in about 3 months on how that is working. This is a new form of regular inositol . Inositol is recommended in some studies, and also by Dr. Jensen Kittley from Obesity's Answer website. She recommends the amino acid taurine with the inositol too.
http://www.obesitysanswer.com/
I have her book and it is interesting too. Her dietary interventions-- The Cell program-- are more restrictive than the Zone, but she claims a high rate of success, too.

500mg 3 times a day of regular inositol, and 1000mg a day of taurine.
Neither is expensive or hard to find. iherb.com is best for all your supplements. Many types to choose from and huge discounts.
The d-chiro inositol I am experimenting with is supposed to be about equal to metformin. I cannot tolerate metformin--gave me acidosis. But d-chiro costs over $100/month... too much for me to recommend here yet. If it reverses my fasting insulin level and helps with the other insulin resistance issues, I will be endorsing it regardless of the cost.

The metformin you know, depletes B12. You should start that right away.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote