View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Good thread, Twink!

My Dad used to always take my hand the minute he saw me and put his other hand over it and pat it a couple of times. I miss that so much.

My Mom had the sweetest most loving heart of anyone I've ever met. I miss her laugh so much. She had a way of making anyone feel welcome. I miss her tomato sandwiches and sweet tea out on the picnic table on a warm Spring afternoon.

My sister left us much, much too soon. She was only ten years older than me. I used to pick up the phone and call her and she'd always say "I was just thinking about you!" What I wouldn't give to be able to hear those words over the telephone line again.

My DH......gosh, I just miss everything about him. I believe the thing I miss most is the feeling of security I got from him. He was always "there". Always taking care of everything. I have so many fond memories of him that it'd be hard to pick just one. I guess my fondest memories are the times he'd let me sleep in on the weekends and I'd wake to the sound of the lawnmower and weedeater going strong in the yard. I'd look out the window and see him riding around the yard on his "tractor". When the boys were much younger one of them would be on his lap sometimes. Such simple, unexciting memories but they're etched in my mind forever.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Becky21 (09-30-2009), Curious (02-03-2009), DiMarie (02-07-2009), Lara (02-05-2009), misshayleesmom (03-03-2009), pono (02-09-2009), SandyC (02-03-2009), soxmom (02-03-2009), Twinkletoes (02-03-2009)