View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

ahh your description sound so familiar ..
so nothing obvious showed up on your films or tests...?

If not I suggest finding some really good advanced PTs, body workers {Alexander, feldenkrais, hellerworker - any along those lines that work with the whole body to unstick it} or even a expert all around chiropractor. Maybe a team of all or try one type at a time...

I'm just thinking you have some very sticky fascia and maybe some postural and /or alignment issues.

You will need somebody that knows about trigger point, fascia, alignment, muscle spasms. top rib mobilization...

I had the deep burning nagging pain in my neck, shoulders, upper mid back, and the elbow zingers for a short time {my chiropractor did some nice adjustments for those} yes - the hands not working right was a big thing for me.
The constant forearm tightness and weird buzzing/vibrating under the skin was pretty annoying too.
I had minor thumb sx- they tx me for it but it was really the least of my issues...prob cause the doc could actually put a name on it..

non of my docs ever mentioned TOS they were only focused on the multiple RSI injuries - not where they might be really coming from.
Finally had 2 really good PTs that figured it out and by then I had learned some about TOS online too. So from a personal standpoint I was learning what I needed to work on.

I couldn't even stir fry or cook ground beef.
I sure couldn't pick up the small parts at work..could barely drive to work LOL good thing it was a straight shot down a hwy..

that was one of the problems I had with "proving " my injury - i could do large movements and even pick up somewhat heavy things - but no fine or precise finger skills at all..

A really good chiro, adv PT, self care {very important too} and a couple yrs off work has got me back into a functional state.

I still hit the wrong keys while typing {thank Firefox for built in spell check LOL} and handwriting is not pretty at all.
But I can do carpentry, stacked hay, gardened, remodeled, make concrete, shoveled , paint...work on cars = farm gal LOL

If there is any way to swing it - some time off work while you get some focused therapy and give your body time to repair is a good idea..

i tried to work and get PT but it just was a cycle of minor gains and then back to work and lose the progress...

I learned about what muscles are where and how to work them with a tennis ball on the floor or against the wall.
got a good heating pad
got a EMS stim - IF stim is even better but a doc has to sign for those.. next time I'll get the IF type.
those inflatable exercise balls are good for laying over face up and face down to stretch the back and chest

total relaxation and stretching by laying on the floor with arms out to a comfortable place {Sharon Butlers book}
well I've rambled on...