View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiea View Post
I am on SSD since 2006 and when applying for SSD had to stop working and asked my auto loan company to come pick up my car in 2005. I also tried to make payment arrangements of $50.00 per month, but that was not acceptable.

Yesterday, I went to court & the judge awarded the auto company the judgement against me even though I told the judge I am on SSD. I even had all my paperwork w/me and was told they do not need to see it, just that I will have a judgement on my credit report; however, since they cannot garnish my SSD.

My question is: If a person has to stop working to apply for SSD and thereby turns their vehicle in (voluntary reposession) can the State of Texas still place a judgement on the disabled persons credit report?

Thanks!!
kathie...sorry all this is happening to you, I have similar circumstances...no health insurance, no income, chronic pain from a careless driver rear ending my car, lost my career, have sold possessions, cannot drive, forced to rely on drugs to cope.....you are not alone, but I know that doesnt help you...something is awfully wrong with "the system".

"MY LIFE IS BRILLIANT, MY LOVE IS PURE, I SAW AN ANGEL....OF THAT IM SURE"james blunt
just drea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote