View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My "voice of reason" is not available this week...yikes!!

Last week was 58 hours at my daughters...grandchildren...because my counterpart grandma robin was sick all week..she does Tue and Thu.

The weekend was long hours standing at a cash register for a non-profit fundraiser.

If I had known these two long periods of time would have been back to back I would have run for the hills.

My two closest non-PD friends are in very difficult situations this month. They couldn't be more different!! One is an artisan of loom woven clothing...for 26 yrs now. The other is a vice president with a national insurance company.

This week...my weaver friend's mother has pneumonia...age 85...and my not rally out of it. Such a sad situation. She just lost her 52 yrs old sister a couple of months ago, and her father is slow fading...late-stage PD. It is so sad for me to see him. I won't describe him to you...too sad.

My VP friend had cancer surgery yesterday. She sounded good on the phone just now.

So, this is not going to be the best holiday season, but they are both wonderful, strong, resilient people. I know they will be back to themselves one day down the road.

They are both believers, as I am that even if the day is gloomy and rainy,
the sunnysmall.gif is still shining, we just can't see it.

Me, I have the whole day at home today.
I am just recovering from bronchitius over Thanksgiving weekend...still have my sexy deep voice.
My home that hasn't been cleaned in about two weeks.
98% of my clothes need to see the washing machine today.
I can hardly move due to fatigue.
The cat had begun to wonder if I had moved away and was never coming back.
Have Pipeline web work that needs to get done.
I am moving just after Christmas.
And, my son informed me that he (32 yrs) will be in Baghdad by April.
I will stop there...goodness...these are the times I dislike living alone the most.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller

Last edited by Stitcher; 12-05-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote