View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello MsL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslday View Post
Thanks Diana!

Do you find you need to have your hormones checked annually? Do you need to adjust the dosages? There is so much to learn about all of this. I switched over to soya milk a couple of months back and I think that has helped alleviate the hot flashes. I just feel like I'm in a permanent state of terrible PMS with no end in sight.

I'm so happy to hear you were able to find some relief from all of this. I'm in Vancouver right now so it might be tough to have medications shipped across the border. I'll definitely be doing more research on what is available locally. If all else fails I can call your guys, Thanks for sharing that info. I have an appointment with my GYN in a couple of weeks, hopefully he is more open minded and up with the times on this.

Hope you're having a great day.

MsL
They actually ship everywhere. I think they told me there was only two countrys they didn't have clients in. You could check. Yes, I do have my hormones checked at least once a year. They can also send you a syliva kit which I have done mid year to check for hormone levels. If I am under stress, I call and they instruct me how to adjust for it based on my symptoms. If I am not sleeping, if I'm feeling really agitated, they understand these indicators and suggest adding a little more for a few days or taking a little less.
I think that if you have some information and are yourself informed, like your doing by asking questions, he just may be more open to it. I didn't have all the money that Robin, Dr Phils wife had to go from doctor to doctor, but I was fortunate to have a up to date forward thinking female GYN! She has since retired but she was the best. Her replacement is also female and I feel very fortunate for their understanding. Good luck. Lets keep up on this conversation. I think this is important to all of us even the young ones, so they are not left in the dark, but up to date and informed so they can make the right decision for themselves.
I think you will be so surprised at how much better you feel when this issue is resolved. I may take a litttle trail and error, but the end result will be well worth it. Take care all the best.. Di
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (11-05-2009)