Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question ?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn_lsc View Post
Hi Everyone,

My doctor had me start on Vitamin A using the NOW brand containing 25,000 IU of Vitamin A, 1,000 IU of Vitamin D, and 50 mg of Fish Liver Oil 3-4 times a week.

Are there any specific side effects that I need to watch for when taking Vitamin A?

Carolyn
I don't understand this....

Why would your doctor give you TWO VitA sources? Did you make a mistake and type fish liver oil, meaning typical fish oil which is fish body oils? Fish (body) oils do not have Vit A or D in them.

Fish liver oil is high in Vit A. You should not need both. The NOW brand, I am familiar with, as I use it myself. (although not every day) It is very concentrated.

Here is a medical article on Vit A:
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic2382.htm
With a list of side effects. Personally I think headache is an easy to spot, first
presenting symptom of too much.

Even with the NOW product used only for Vit A, I would be careful with it.
Since you see a doctor, I'd have some liver tests done in about 3 months, just to be sure, you are not getting toxicities.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote