View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I can't handle much more......called 911

Well, last night around 7pm my mom had been drinking all afternoon- vodka, and couldn't get to the bathroom, I tried everything, and she kept falling.

Then she wet herself. I had the commode in her room and all. I called 911 they came got her off the floor and into bed. They said it was ok to give her - her night pills, so I did.

Then she called me for her pills, I said I gave them to you, then she wanted my meds, I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Then around midnight , she yelled she didn't like the TV show and couldn't find the remote, it was on her bedside table, I changed the channel.

Then around 2:30, she yelled she couldn't hear the TV, so I fixed that, again remote on bedside table.

Then around 3am she had to go to the bathroom, so I helped her up, and she said she could make it. Next thing she is calling me, she went in her waste basket and needed a new nighty.

I am tired and upset, I really don't think I will make my DV session today.
Plus I am in pain (back and neck).

She was mad at me, called me everything in the book, because I called 911. But they agreed I could not lift her, she is like dead weight when she is like that and she hit her head on the back of the bed, yet she said she didn't. All her vitals were fine.

I don't know what to do except tell her to call her DR and make arrangements for PT and no more drinking. That ought to go over like a ton of bricks. Everything is I CAN"T with her. She has to start saying I"LL TRY at least.

That was my night. She also said while the rescue crew was here, she wanted to die, they said if you say things like that we have to take you, so she said no I don't want to.

If I don't have alcohol in the house when she wants it, my life will be a living hell. If this is the route she wants to go, well I can't stop it. I have already lost my Dad to drinking at the age of 48. My mom is 73, and my Step-dad at around 60 something.

I cannot deal with this again.

Sorry, had to vent.
Nikko