Thread: desperate carer
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisden View Post
ive cared for my husband with post concussion syndrome for 18mnths and all of a sudden out of the blue he has said that he wants to go into a carehome because he thinks im not coping with looking after him .Im upset that he even thinks that and my daughter of seven overheard what he said and now shes upset too .I dont know what to do i dont want him to leave has anyone got any ideas?

i'm so sorry you & family are dealing with this...

i've been carer and i also have PCS ....
this 'invisible' disabliity can be very complex, challenging & difficult, esp affects on family, loved ones...

Have you posted this at TBi/PCS forum here @NT??
i've not been active, so don't 'know' what's happening , there or other forums.
there have been some wonderful understanding folks offering support, suggestions who personally know how devastating TBi/PCS can be..
caregiver forum here sadly not too active...
but your post caught my attention & felt compelled to respond...

right now my puter is not working well. Lossing, lost replys.
hope this will post...while i try to compose a better response ... do have some questions...
will try to share more, & some of my 'experiences' , thoughts soon...
i went thru someting like this ... felt "need" to 'remove' self from parents home where i'd been living as caregiver for years ... when my 'stuff' felt out of control, and i could see how adversely was affecting my family

know can become " crises" .... do You have other support--systems ?? DR, professionals who are involved, & understand your hb conditions, issues?? people you, hb, daughter can talk to???
know its very painful, to watch witness... trying to understand & deal with things that we--those w/ Tbi/PCs are also struggling to understand, cope , make Peace with...
wish i could offer more...
feel free to PM me...
wishing u all the BEST...

Last edited by pono; 02-04-2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: add
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (03-02-2009), mistiis (02-04-2009), shezbut (02-05-2009), Twinkletoes (02-05-2009)