View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

About the massage --- for the first year, maybe longer... I cried during my treatment - sometimes yelling out it hurt so,so bad. In fact, I often started crying before I was even in the treatment room. My body knew what was coming. I still cannot say it is pleasurable, even 5 years later - I hurt worse that entire day - but a couple days later, I am better. My therapist was careful not to have anyone else the office when I was there - she didn't want to scare them!!! I really don't know how she had the courage to work on me. I have known her as a friend of a friend for 20 years - and I trusted her - so I stuck with it.

I really believe that this massage therapy is why I have been one of the lucky few that does not have the skin sensitivity. I have a **little** bit.... I used to be able to wear heavy wool socks, which I cannot do now... but other than that, I am pretty good.

I started the massage therapy a few days after my first injury that caused the RSD, and again, when I injured my shoulder that caused it to move there. So I have been doing the massage pretty much from day one on all new areas.

Now I go for maintenance - every 3 weeks in the winter, because it's difficult weather and driving where I live - and every 2 weeks the rest of the year.

So - hang in there with it. I does get better -- but you may never get to the point of having a "relaxing" massage again.

I am sorry the Topamax didn't work for you.

Hoping you find some peace with this. Try reading Shinzen's book. It can't hurt.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote