Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I don't understand this question.
Cyano B12 is not biologically active....it is converted to methyl B12 in your body if all is working as it should.(there are 4 steps that your body has to do to get to the active methyl, and some people have genetic failures along the way)

There will be NO going BACK only forward. Just make sure you take enough oral methyl B12 and on an empty stomach.
Melody chooses to remain on 5mg a day. Some people once they are healing and doing well, can reduce to 1mg a day.
Not all that you take orally is absorbed. You need high doses to get the few micrograms passively absorbed in the small intestine without intrinsic factor.
Hi Mrs. D.

Actually, I'm afraid to take any less. I'm doing just fine on the 5000 (especially when you find out that you don't absorb 5000 but only a fraction of this, right??). Last time they tested me for intrinsic factor I tested fine.

When I started on the Methy B-12, I started with 1000. I knew after one week that the 5000 would do be much better.

I even went down to 3000 after a few months (a cheaper brand also), thinking, "Well, I'll save some money, I don't need 5000, blah blah"

But I recognized the difference in my body IMMEDIATELY. After I finished that bottle of the 3000, I went back to Jarrows and to the 5000.

As long as there are no ill affects from this dosage (and from what i've reading, there aren't any), I'll continue to take what I'm taking. I now have Alan on it as well. I mean, why not? We don't eat red meat and he needs the B-12.

I get (very occasionaly), the burning, (when the temperature changes from cold to warm, or vice versa. That's also when Alan walks in and says "do your feet burn?" and I look at him and I say "just a bit, look at what it's doing outside".

But otherwise, I'm fine and I want to continue to be fine.

As for the energy, well, what can I tell you.

This morning, after coming back from my local breakfast place, I made homemade yogurt, then I took all 9 of my mason jars and grew a whole new bunch of sprouts ( I use home-made green tea instead of water), I harvested the sprouts I've been growing, I de-hulled them over my kitchen sink. Busy busy morning, AND I LOVE THIS!!! Keeps my mind occupied.

I made a batch of blueberry muffins (vegan). Just took them out of the oven.

I'm about to make a spinach quiche.

I don't think I'd be able to be so productive if I didn't use the Methyl B-12.

I have friends my age who are sitting down and can't move.

I'd rather move!!!

lol

Oh, I had been using cheesecloth to strain the sprouts in my wide mouth mason jars. I went online to see how much those strainer lids cost. They can cost up to $4.95 for each strainer lid. I actually made my own sprouting jar stainer inserts from strainers that I had lying around (I'm like McGuyver, I like to make stuff). They work just fine and I saved BIG moolah doing this.

Melody (the sprout-lady)

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote