Thread: Benfotiamine
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Re: benfotiamine

Yesterday, Alan and I had our podiatrist appointment. We go to the same doctor at the same time.

So I sit in the chair and the doctor says "Melody, we have a new treatment for Neuropathy that they want me to sell here in this office"

I said "Really, what's it called?" and he said "wait a minute, I have to go and get the paper". He goes to his office, makes a copy of it, and hands it to me.

It's all about BENFOTIAMINE.

I said "oh, I know all about this, from the Neuropathy forums on Neurotalk".

I then said "you're going to sell this here in your office"?

And he said "yeah". I then said "well, I take Methyl b-12, and that did the stuff for ME".

He said "really??"

Then we discussed Benfotamine.

The paper he gave me was about a protocol that was done using this supplement.

Imagine....they are now going to sell this in my podiatrists office.

Now I'm wondering. Do I switch from my Methyl b-12 to the benfotiamine when he starts selling it.

I don't know how much it will cost. Alan said to him "if you give us any free samples, we'lll be glad to take some".

The doctor (we love him), he laughed.

He takes very good care of us and our feet.

I just found out I have a corn under my foot. I had no idea. I wondered if I stepped on something. Then it hardened. Alan told me "you have a callous over the corn". I told him he was nuts.

Guess what? he wasn't nuts.

I said "how on earth did I get a corn"? and he said "you stepped on something, it's a very small something that had no bacteria (otherwise you would have gotten an infection and the thing would have come to the surface and come out". But since you did not get an infected, whatever the thing in your foot is, it's very tiny and the corn grew over it.

The doctor then said "you can't do anything about this corn. I'll debride it and when you come back again, we'll do the same thing. It's very small.

I said "can't you just do a procedure and take out the root"??.

He said: "You don't want to do that, sometimes scar tissue grows over where we remove whatever was imbedded in your foot, and a corn will again grow over that".

So when I wear my orthotics in my shoes, I'm just fine.

So now I'm going on the internet and looking up corns (and benfotiamine)

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote