View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, hon......it just makes me so MAD when I hear how you're being treated. Anyone with a computer (much less a mind) could look up RSD and KNOW how painful it is. You should NOT have to be begging for medication when you legitimately need it. Does anyone in your family go with you to your appointments to back you up??? I take my husband with me sometimes.....both to keep ME from strangling anyone and to give me a little more credibility. Plus, it makes doctors think twice about mistreating you when there is a witness. You do not deserve to be yelled at by ANYONE. Especially not by someone who's JOB it is to take care of you. If he had been responsible, he would have made sure his patients were taken care of BEFORE his vacation. Uggghhhhh......I am SO sorry for you.

Yes, I take Klonopin.....it does help with the spasticity and it helps me relax so I can fall asleep. I take it around 7pm to mellow out before bedtime. It is good for anxiety, too, which many of us that have RSD suffer from as a result of the disease. I hope you will find that it helps you, too.

You're absolutely right, many of these medications should not be stopped suddenly. I slowly decreased my dose of Klonopin over several months before I got to the lowest dose that still works for me. It sounds like you're only trying to be responsible about your meds and they should respect you for that.

BTW, another trick I've heard is to take a tape recorder with you to your doctor's appointments.....especially if no one else can go with you. You can simply say that your memory isn't the best due to the RSD and you want to be able to recall everything that he says, and then turn the tape recorder on. He is less likely to act up knowing he's being recorded.

Please keep us posted on how you do with the Klonopin and with the other neurologist. Keep sticking up for yourself, Kelly.....you have a legitimate right and need to be treated properly for this painful condition. You can vent to us anytime. We have all had our own horror stories and I'm sure most of us can relate to how you're feeling.

Take care of yourself!! Hugs!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote