View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbhelm View Post
I posted this yesterday but I think I did it as a reply instead of as a post to everyone on the site, so I am posting it again to be sure everyone sees it. Thanks for allowing me a learning curve for the site.

I have been diagnosed with Tarlov Cysts and I have been researching the subject for 8 months. It appears surgery is the most effective treatment (NINDS Tarlov Cysts info page).

Does anyone know how a layperson can find out the inside scoop on the few doctors who are doing this surgery?

What the doctor's reputation is among other doctors and in the hospitals?
What the nurses that work in and around the doctors have to say about them? For example, if another doctor's wife had a Tarlov Cyst, who would he send her to?!

I would also like to know if there is anyone out there who has had surgery and is now pain free, i.e., is the surgery a success or do they still have pain but just a different kind of pain.

Thanks so much for any help or insight you have...I just don't know where to turn at this point.

barb
Hi I just joined and had the surgery aprox 7 months ago. Please let me know if you are still interested in any info. Thanks...kittycatdoglover
kittycatdoglover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote