View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
I’m new to this journey called MS and it’s been quite a shock. We are all individuals and the way that we deal with our Multiple Sclerosis differs from person to person.

Right now I’m experiencing a sense of loss after learning of my MS diagnosis. I feel like I’m in mourning, grieving over the person I "might have been". I know this is part of the process of learning to accept my illness. I am trying to learn to live with my MS and my changing limitations every day. Each day holds a lesson in learning to accept myself.

I was focusing on the anger, the sadness, the acceptance; but what about the denial. I keep saying to myself, “Do I really have multiple sclerosis?
Char do you mind if I toss a few things out to HF, it is an issue that you will in time see and or something will happen that will take care of the denial, and from my experience and from what I have read of others the first yr or so after being dxed is the hardest, so much is hitting you anxiety confusion anger sadness and fears. slowly take it a day at a time, and yes I can say pace yourself, but am pretty sure you will find out down the road, ok now I get the pace yourself comment , a lot of it is adjustments accepting the fact of your adjustments is an issue you can fight or say bummer now it takes two days to dust the living room instead of a few hours. if you can handle little things like that, the transition will be smoother,

i can only tell you how much i wish I knew a site such as this and folks as these people, when I was Dxed, they all are so caring and its cause we all are hit differently from the MSbs and the MS meds some times the only thing we all shared with MS is the name of our illness and Confusion, and the confusion can get you bogged down at times. keep an eye on body temps fevers exertion, those tend to mess with the MSbs, as does stress.

keep the anxiety in check, if you can, it got the best of me and I had to take some meds to calm my mind, its totally understandable what you are feeling thinking and wondering, take advantage of this great site and ask away, mess me if ya want, i dont bite too much, and i dont sleep either, so odds are i will be on or near by, i've been dxed 3 years and like Jappy, it was a curve ball out of no where,deb was sure there was more wrong, then the go see a shrink answer I started getting and wondering if maybe I was whacked, Its a lot of little petty things you have to over come and the bigger pieces will fall in place. do not hesitate if you need an ear, we all have been there and a few have tshirts too, pink ones

Thank you Char your post got me to thinking, yeah yeah I know be careful dont hurt myself, I now realized what you mean totally, i remember a visit or two after my hospital DX, and his file on me, was open on the counter and he went to go get some free drugs for the spasm and right on top it said MS and rrms or spms (sp?) with a question mark, i had forgotten about this, and how I felt, all came back to me, thanks a lot lol just kidding you, but I did forget about how that felt. thank you for letting me derail a wee bit, for Happy Feet, and another big for you and hopefully you and neuro can have a sit down asap, Like Joyce said you got the DX and can get to the next step maintenance. sorry about the long post

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Happy Feet (02-08-2009), Koala77 (02-06-2009), Natalie8 (02-05-2009), SallyC (02-04-2009), SandyC (02-04-2009), yeahbut (02-04-2009)