View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ewizabeth,

I'm much relieved for you......... :-))

I do however hope that you look into the other things that I mentioned. Osteopenia can progress quickly into osteoporosis if there is an imbalance of hormones and/or nutritional support. It can also be stopped in it's tracks with a little alteration in lifestyle and when the imbalances are corrected!!

Thanks for sharing your story with us....... please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Bryanna

Quote:
=ewizabeth;460078]Hi Bryanna,

I saw my PCP today for my bi-annual checkup. He said to discontinue the Fortical and keep taking calcium and vitamin D and exercise. I need to get a regular bone scan also.

My brother in law had sent me some info about this last week so it was already at the back of my mind. Plus, after my shower my nose bleeds and that concerns me too.

As long as I can do my gardening in the spring, summer and fall I think my bones should be ok.

Thanks for your help. When I mentioned jaw necrosis to my PCP, he didn't argue at all and said to go ahead and stop the medicine. I had a good checkup though and this won't necessarily be the right thing for everybody else to do. Since mine was only osteopenia it seems like the right decision as you noted.

Last edited by Curious; 02-04-2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (02-04-2009)