View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyd View Post
I'll rephrase the question. Has anyone out there been suffering B12 deficiency, put on injections of cyanocobalamin. Been on these injections for a few years. Been helped by them and then changed to MethylB12 injections or sublinguals. Did you have any set backs or reactions?
Why would you have a setback or reaction. When a person takes cyanocobalimin, their body changes this to Methylcobalimin.

so when a person switches from cyanocobalimin to methyl, well, they are getting more of the stuff they should have been getting in the first place.

I have NEVER heard of anyone suffering any setbacks or anything, from simply switching from Cyanocobalimin to Methyl B-12.

Your body does the changing. So if a person is only taking cyanocobalimin, it has to be converted (to Methyl) for it to be doing any good.

So you have been getting injections of cyano, right? This means that your body is taking the cyano and converting it to methyl.

If you take the stuff that I take, (Jarrows methyl b-12), all that would mean is that the methyl would do what it is supposed to do. It won't have to be converted.

It's a GOOD THING!!!

I wonder if your doctor could give you injections of Methyl b-12.

I don't need to do this. I have GREAT SUCCESS with just taking the oral pill first thing in the a.m.

I only wish we knew this YEARS ago, when my husband first got PN. He's not diabetic, but believe me, if I KNEW THEN, what I KNOW NOW!!! he might not have had all those years of pain. At least he now takes it.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindyd (02-05-2009)