View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, in a way - while it may appear strange to us, it is certainly not unheard of. This will probably come out sounding funky, but to an extent being a woman can trigger a seizure (lol). I've heard and read plenty about seizures starting or even stopping when young women first start their cycle. Furthermore, I've heard of seizure frequency which is normally the day(s) before or during the cycle (this happens to me).

I've also heard of the frequency rising or lowering while pregnant. Mine were more frequent when I was pregnant, I didn't keep track - but I wouldn't be shocked if my seizures came around the same time my period should have.

The more I read, the more some of my more powerful seizures seem to make sense. I can't recall if I had originally posted it here or on the womens area part of the website, but I recall when I had finally did the 1+1=2 thing. I wrote down the days I was having my worst episodes and it was the day before my cycle began - 9 out of 10 times.

I think checking your levels (zonegran)/liver function along with some horomone testing (I have no clue what they do for that, by the way - nor do I know the name of any tests) would be beneficial for you. Hopefully, it will bring some answers and alternate methods of treatment to the table.

*hugs*

Ellie

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote