View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Lindkaye,

I used to take Lyrica and it didn't help me at all ... I had to come off it as it made me feel pretty dizzy and was affecting my Blood Pressure after a period of time!!

I'm not sure what other drugs might help you - you really have to keep in mind that EVERYONE is different and no two drugs work the same for two people, it is really a matter of "trial and error" and seeing what works best for you and what has the less side-effects etc.

For me, the only drug that has worked is Ketamine. I am only allowed to take it on my really bad days though as my Doctor feels that it could potentially mess around with my hormones and create more problems because of my age. I was put on the Ketamine as a last resort and it is basically only mainly used when you have tried all other meds and nothing works for you!!!

It might take a bit of time but you WILL find something that works for you one day ... just keep in mind though that everyone is different and no-one can tell you to try such and such a drug because it worked for them as it might not work for you!!! You really have to make your own mind up when it comes to taking the medications and don't let anyone tell you what you should and shouldn't do - it's your body!!!

I really hope you can find something that can help you soon! Are you on Ibuprofean? That can help for some people with the swelling although it might not work for you!! Also it might be worthwhile taking Vitamin C to try and prevent Osteoperosis but please talk to your doctor and see what he/she suggests.

I'm thinking about you and please keep us all updated when you can!!