View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OK--it does seem--

--as if they're scratching beneath the surface with the tests that were ordered; good to see they've included many of the autoantibodies (though there might still be more to investigate if these come up negative) and that they're doing the tests for monoclonal antibodies, which are found in a number of blood conditions and often cross-react to produce neuropathy. (These are not technically autoantibodies, but they often work the same way on nerves. (If they find them further investigations into your blood cell types would be in order, just to rule out various blood dyscrasias.)

I understand how lack of insurance is a big worry and barrier (one of the reasons another subject I write about is the need for universal health care in the US, and I would prefer a single-payer type system possibly modelled on the Veterans administration, in whcih there are payment incentives for prevention and cure, not just for each service/test rendered). It may preclude some of the more advanced testing now (though I hope the Cleveland Clinic works with you here if it's needed). That's the shame, though--neural problems often do take considerable time and expense to sort out causes for, as there are so many systemic and non-systemic possibilites.

DO push to get all those results back (not-so-nice nurse or not, you're entitled to them--it's your body) and do post any relevant results, as you did with the QSART; there are a lot of people here who are very good at interpretation and may help you formulate questions and avenues of further investigation.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote