View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am hard pressed to find anything that Mrs. A in the article did that anyone in her position would not do. After having lived through one episode of accute inflammatory demylinating polyneuropathy which resulted in hospitalization, immobilization and the need for extensive physical therapy her reaction to developing the same type tingling in her fingers seems entirely a normal reaction to me.

This sentance in the article "Even though the chance of relapse is less than five percent, she promptly contacted her neurologist to ask for a reevaluation." strikes me as being rediculous. In my opinion she did exactly what she should have done. Does the author really expect someone to sit around and say well there is only a 5 per cent chance that this would come come back so ill wait to see if its all in my head first?

We all know that PN has its highs and lows and indeed symptoms do come back after long periods of absence. In her case this is months later. I know i would be concerned if it were me. Better to make sure that the possible return of something potentially life threatening is examined and tested for than to wait until it is too late.

Also as most of us can attest a listing of possible symptoms would only be a partial list as symptoms vary widely according to the individual.

Anxiety can definitely play a part in exacerbation of symptoms as well as anger and other emotions, but this woman was responding to her returned symptoms in a most rational and understandable way in my opinion.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Megan (02-10-2009)