Thread: New here :)
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had read that about mestinon, and brought that up with my Doc, but she feels that since I'm taking such a low dose(per weight), it's unlikely that is what's causing the twitches. She thinks it's more from weakness. Who knows though, ya know?

I dunno about the heat. I'm weird. I can get out and paddle on a kayak for 2-3 hours in the heat and not get too bad(albeit I do take mestinon before i hop out there)..but even without meds I do OK most of the time.

That's the denial issue. I really don't notice feeling weaker. I guess I needed a good baseline. I get a little tired here and there with my arms..and my tongue if I'm having to talk a lot. Around my eyes and my mouth/jaw..but I never paid any attention to this stuff before, I feel like I'm looking too into it now! I don't have any really noticable symptoms either..except for my eye, but it's that way when I wake up in the morning and doesn't get any better with meds. Today I haven't taken anything and I feel fine, still getting twitches here and there, but otherwise not weak/tired one bit...

Ugh, it's frustrating. But for now it works. I love Tx. Been here my whole life. I would love to move up near SA, in the hill country somewhere. Maybe a little later in life I can do that :P Steroids sound like NO FUN. I really think I'd have to be bad to start taking them. It's nice that they're helping you though.

How do you do with your kids? About how old are they? I worry a lot about that, I've read how MG can kinda progress and make you weak all the time..I can't imagine that with my little buddy. Not being able to toss him around the house would be awful : /
Gdbyrd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote