View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
No offense taken by me, either. IMHO, everyone's MS is different. We all are affected by it in different ways...some more severely than others. For this very reason I don't think they will ever come up with a "one size fits all" cure or treatment for it. Nor will they be able to narrow it down to a specific list of triggers or reasons why some of us contracted the disease. Just as some of the DMD's work for some of us and not for others....I think it will be an individualized process with each person determining what medication (or not) works best for them and their particular "type" of MS.
Very true, Kelly. I feel the same way. I do think that we all have the same weak "link" if you will. Whether that link is a gene, genome, or epigenome who knows and what triggers the link to cause MS may be as varied as the symptoms it causes.

Oh, btw, my aunt has been a picture of health her whole life. She is now in the hospital and has been for a while. She had some sort of virus, they don't know what, and now is suffering from some sort of demyelinating syndrome and neuropathy. She can't walk anymore and can't use her arms as they are too weak. Makes you think, huh?
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (02-05-2009)