View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart LTL lesions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penl View Post
I to just found that i have a lesion on the left temporal lobe. It is small so they are not sure what it is. I have been having weird symptoms for about two months now. I feel dizzy or lightheaded, trouble thinking and concentrating, shortness of breath, tightness in throat, numbness in my face and just generally do not feel good. I was wanting to know if there is anyone out there who has had this and can tell me what type of symptoms you had. They want to do another MRI in March but if the tumor hasn't grown then they don't want to do anything. I know I can't live like this. Please help if you can.
Hi Peni,

Lesion is kind of a vague term. I understand the symptoms described, and I'm not sure your symptoms are all related to the lesion itself. A lot of those symptoms may be relieved by anti-depressants and/or anti-anxiety medicines.

Living the way you are now stinks...true. Surgery just might not be the answer for you at this point. I would just like to warn you that surgery has drawbacks. The temporal lobe is highly involved in speech, memory, and emotions. Depending upon where the lesion is, inside the LTL, removal *could* have dramatic affects upon every area of your life. Or, the lesion may be in a relatively safe area. Doctors, therefore, take these factors into consideration when they're making a determination of what is best for YOU.

I've had my LTL resected to remove seizure focus (in my case, scarring caused by high fever). 3" of hippocampus and a thumb sized area of my anterior cingulate gyrus were removed. If you're interested in finding out more of my personal experience, send me a private message.

Best wishes!
Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote