View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 10:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OK I took changed my mood to 'no mood' because there isn't one for 'disappointed.

I don't think the MVD worked. Not 100% at least.

Atypical TN symptoms gone: (the doctor warned me that I was an extremely 'atypical' case, so much so that he felt that more than one thing could be causing the pain).
Constant burning in the top of my palate on LH side
Burning at the back of my tongue on the LH side
Severe "axe handle" out of my jaw

Symptoms NOT gone, and flaring up lately:
All the teeth in the top left side of my jaw feel like they need root canals (still!) inspite of them all having more than one root canal procedure. New crowns, caps, plus other surgeries above the gum line (where they cut off the points of the roots..)
Numbness in my face and trigger points still hypersensitive

New symptom:
Increased numbness in the side of my face.

It was predicted, pre-op, that my face pain may be caused by 2 things:
1. A compressed nerve at the brain stem end.
2. Permanent damage to nerve endings at the front of my face in the surgical site.

So I think we got #1 covered. but #2 is still quite irritated. I was hoping by now (2 wks + 2 days post op) that this would have settled down, but no such luck.

I am also experiencing a lot of vertigo and balance problems. Partly because I have no balance nerve on the RH side. There is a large hyper-sensitive area of my scalp (approx the size of a palm print) from the surgery site to the crown of my head. And lots of neck soreness. I expect all of THESE will settle down.

Was mostly hoping that the MVD would be the END of things. Doesn't look like it. But I am very open to be proven wrong.........

CAT
NanaCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote