View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzka View Post
WOW i wish they hooked me up to IV Fluids when I went back to hospital with my Post Lumbar Puncture headache!

I had 5 lumbar punctures all UNSUCCESSFUL on thursday 8th January, the doctor said that i could go home straight away even tho I advised them I had an immediate headache apon sitting up.

Thinking this was odd, i lay there for an hour just resting as this was the first i had done and a bit traumatized that it was unsuccessful. I bearly made it to the car and the drive home - the headache was unbearable!

My doctor had to make a house call on friday arvo to make sure i didn't have meningitis as leemarie says it's all connected with the brain, and being an invasive procedure i may have got infected but it was all good and if i deteriorated i was to go to hospital.

Saturday night after my partner scouted on google and caffene was found also! I had some nodoze caffene tablets and took two which didn't work at all! At 10pm we went to emergency, as 2 1/2 days with such a headache or migrane, and the panadol / nurophen or codene combo did nothing for even my normal headaches, after 5 hours of waiting i was given tramadol to take on top of the 4 tablets 3 times a day i was already taking and sent home.

The tramadol didn't even really work to take away my headache. It first made me hallucinate a little and made me drowsy which was good - when i was sleeping the pain wasn't there.

A week later and still experiencing headaches and now really sore eyes - i'm not sure if thats because of my swollen optic nerves - diagnosed with benign intracranial hypertension and the lumbar puncture was the tool to help find a cure for the swollen optic nerves. but for 5 days i could not sit, stand, walk, even lift my head up for a sip i was in so much pain! i even drank like a fish and nothing worked. I managed to go back to work yesterday and today with cronic sweats like i was coming out of a major flu or cold!

I can't bear to think what my next Lumbar puncture on tuesday the 20th January will bring me. This one will be guided so will have to be successful with only one pin hole this time to add to my other 5 i have as temporary souvenirs.

Thanks so much for your post susanjpullen, i'll take a look at that url and see what i can do to be headache free this time round!

Hey when I got my lumbar puncture I had the same thing too my head aches were so bad that I could not even sit up and I tried to push past it and get up and walk only to push myself so much that I was taken by ambulance to the hospital because I was shaking soo much because I tried to push past all of the pain. Well, I have just been for my first repeat and I got up straight away and went home and didnt get a low pressure head ache this time which was good as if you get what we have gotten after a lumbar puncture it is called a low pressure head ache and all the rest which I stated in reply to susanjpullen. You are saying that you are still feeling headaches a week after and eyes are still sore. Well, it is normal for you to still have problems with your eyes because it takes a long time for the swelling to come down but taking pressure off will help it to not increase the swelling which is what the LP is for and as for the head ache still carrying on, that could be from the LP still as I it took me 3 days to get over mine with fluids put into me so I could only imagine mine would have taken a week plus too to go away with out the fluids I hope this answers your guys question. It sucks doesnt it but I have just written what is going on with me now and updated everyone on my situation with this condition in my thread that says something along the lines of bening intracranial hypertension with a sad face at the end lol sorry I can not remember exactly what it is called but check it out
Leemarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote