View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just Wondering....

We have two service dogs for hearing assist...husband and I have different needs, thus two dogs, each trained by us....for our individual needs.

My male broke his leg before Thanksgiving, the bill has been in excess of $2500 but we are trying to pay it off as we can, some months just making the minimum payment, other months able to add a bit more.

Is there anyplace we can get assistance with paying these massive vet bills? We are both on fixed, limited incomes...and the dogs were both home schooled, or owner trained....and this seems to be the problem, no one wants to help with an animal that wasn't professionally trained. Bear understands some hand signals, he alerts me to sirens when I drive, and he lets me know when hubby's oxygen machine shuts off at night....he also alerts to the alarm clock, stove timer, dryer buzzer and smoke detector.

I didn't know if there was some kind of a grant program that could help us or what. Just thought I would check here. My injured dog is also the one in my avatar....he's really been a life saver...now we're trying to help him.

Ever alert to our needs, they nap nearby at a craft sale, they are with us every place we go....

CrystalSword is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just drea (02-09-2009), LavandulaCanadensis (02-09-2009)