View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HEY Sarah.. guess what I just learned??

Well I just had this QSART test done at the ONLY autonomic lab in Wisconsin. ANd it tests for different things but..it tests for small fiber neuropathy that OFTEN GOES MISSED IN EMGS!!

I had my EMG done on both my arms/hands and it was positive..with left worse than right. BUT I have more problems with right and very little to NO problems with left. So.. I asked if they could do an EMG with my legs.. as THEY have been bothersome..with buzzing..tingling.. spasticity..for years without relief.

I never got the EMG tests on my legs. Now I dont care as I have a NEW neuro. I am paying out of network for..but he's worth it. HE KNOWS what is wrong with me.. and is now measuring it. I get the results in a few weeks..after he studies my testing done yesterday.

ITs not YOU...its THEM and their limited testing. After all yesterday I had the tilt table test that I had before with a cardiologist.. and it was positive then. BUT this measures something differently than what the cardio guys were..they were only looking at one thing.. the HEART. Go figure. This TTT will tell my new neuro how significantly my autonomic system is NOT WORKING= neuro symtpoms!!!

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.. you know it..I know it..but they just have to find out how to measure your symptoms.. and place it in the RIGHT diagnosis.

Warmly Jan