View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
In Yahoo computer page news I read about them making correlation between Vit, D and MS. Like so much MS news, I wait for it to be repeated, see how it can benefit me and my kids (of course I worry about genetic links, sun, etc. I'm a Mother!!) Just waiting now.
I think as moms we worry about it and it is always in the back of our minds but our kids worry about it too. Well, I can only speak for mine. Both DDs have shared that concern with me. As I have explained to them though, they have a greater chance of getting essential tremors (something they can visually see and relate to easier) than they do MS. So far there are 4 of us with essential tremors which is a definitely a hereditary condition.

As for the Vit D theory, it is funny how we all think about our childhoods and how much we were out in the sun. I thought about it some more and maybe it is not how much we got but how much our ancestors got. I am 3rd generation born American. My ancestors were from Ireland, Canada, and Czech/Ukraine. Their lack of sunshine could have created a weak link. Kind of goes back to the genomes and epigenomes.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote