Thread: Pain meds????
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles with WC and your lawyer. I too got the short end of the stick by a bad lawyer.

The best drug I have found to manage my pain is Lidocaine through infusions. Apparently it is very cheap too, costs pennies according to my podiatrist who orders it from the USA for her patients. I have mine done every 2 weeks at my hospital and it is delivered subcutaneously with a Baxter pump (infusor). It is a throw away pump apparently about $35.00. Since I started having the lidocaine infusions I rarely have to take any other pain medications.

You might want to try contacting the manufacture of the medication you find helps you the best. I believe many of them have programs to help people who can't afford medications.

Alternately you may be able to find some help or guidance through the American Pain Foundation http://www.painfoundation.org/page.a...Pain/Intro.htm

You must be under considerable stress through all of this and as we all know this can severely impact your pain levels. Please try to find ways to lower your stress. Breathing, meditation, hydro therapy ect... I have recently started Qigong for stress relief. I picked up a DVD on it from my local library to give it a try. I like it and I feel good afterwards. I also borrowed some guided imagery Cd's that have also helped me.

Wishing you much relief from your pain.

MsL
Attached Thumbnails
Pain meds????-p1240137-jpg  
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote