Old 12-05-2006, 05:03 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default dancer i was not

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael7733 View Post
I have tried several times to free up some movement with dance, but so far I have not been able to. Fast music just seems to stimulate my tremor. Could it be that I already had a faulty sense of rhythm before Pd, or could it be that I never learned to dance? I would really like to hear an explanation for that. I do know that even when I cannot walk, I can still run. Hmmmmm...very interesting.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

michael
I never was a dancer. Two left feet and embarrassed too. But had a secret desire to dance, oddly enough. When I realized that I had lost the option I said screw it and became one, at least in my home. After all, now i have a doctor's excuse :-)

As to the problem you describe, try a lot of different types. Fiona/Rao has told me of being able to waltz down the street in the arms of a friend when she was off. I respond to kick butt, loud, thumping, neighbor maddening, rock n roll preferably with a bit of southern blues. Other types do nothing or even interfere as you say. Also, headphones and ipods interfere, speakers leave me unfettered.

One other type that I respond to is what I think of as romantic ballroom style. Raul Malo is one of my favorites there.

So, different strokes I suppose. It would be interesting to know about other folks' choices. Maybe it depends on just which neurons have been damaged or something.

But I declare, when it works it is the best exercise choice going! Just make everyone leave, pull the shades, and gooooo!
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote