Thread: Ramblings
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 07:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Where i work [homeless hostel]

BEING UNTIDY GOES WITH THE TERRITORY for most new residents..

I tell them their room reflects to me the state of their mind.......if its untidy/cluttered they usually are unorganised, and lack pride or ambition

when its clean they are often happy and life looks less of a struggle...personal problems appear easier to address..............and life seems OK

When they dint empty their rubbish..its like storing baggage.....dump it..
i say you don't need it any more..........

There are times a room just looks lived in .........thats stability.....comfort.

Then there's personal touches pictures/posters......thats hope...........thats making the best of what you have and making your mark on it.

Whilst people stay here they will go through most if not all of the above phases.......................will they recall what i said

.......no...not at first...but gentle reminders will get through.............and most accept in the end that their room is a window to their state of mind..........................and a tidy lived in one..................is much healthier in the long run...

BABY STEPS................baby steps

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-07-2009), barbo (02-06-2009), Koala77 (02-07-2009), mistiis (02-06-2009), who moi (02-06-2009), ~scrabble (02-07-2009)