View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, Maggs440!:

"My mom was my best friend..."

This quote just leapt from the page for me and I just want to comfort you. You are, afterall, the one posting here and asking for something.

My best friend, my husband, had a bleeding brain aneurysm. It was operated on, tied and he lived.

What you need to do is take care of you. Know that there are many of us who are and have adjusted to this kind of life devastation! I am for you.

Take as long as you want to face and recover from the shock and the ongoing concerns.

I have taken a very long time to get to where I am and have done many, many things to cope (not all healthy). The healthy ones work best. There is no cup of coffee, tea or holiday that is going to make the recovery time better. Only time will, one day at a time! It will take many times of caring for you, more than I or you can count but you must continue to care for yourself and let others pamper you too.

I know your love for you mom is still there and her love for you is there too. It's just that it's transformed. So, now, you will need to change the way you love her. It will be better than ever! You won't be able to measure it with what it looked like before. It will have a new look!

Bye for now,
HB

HAPPY BIRTHDAY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote