View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Help explaining problem to physical therapist

So I went to physical therapy for the first time yesterday. I have some kind of peripheral neuropathy but I don't know what kind or anything about it because when I was diagnosed, all they gave me was those two words--"peripheral neuropathy" and no prognosis, no information about what to expect, no details. I'm angry now, after reading all your posts and see how much information I SHOULD have been given. (But I'm seeing a new neurologist in 2 weeks so I'll get more info then, thank goodness.) I'm only 27 and I'm debilitated by pain and weakness so I decided to start going to PT--I went, and I explained my problem to Barb, the physical therapist, and for the rest of the session she kept referring to my "muscle pain" and how we were going to have to work on my "joints." I feel frustrated because this is in NO WAY muscle pain and I think she looked at this young woman and had no conception of the possibility of it being something more serious, despite my assertions. How can I explain to her what is going on? As a side note, I do have Ehler-Danlos syndrome (means I'm extremely double-jointed) so I do have joint problems, but that is not the reason I went to see her!
dustofsnow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote