View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 04:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks (broken wings)

Hi,
I just wanted to comment on the excellent post you have just put up. It is VITALLY important tht people in pain understand that there are pain killers for a reason. As an oncology nurse pain treatment was my specialty. I loved my job and miss it dearly.....however, I saw people in agony not taking pain because their family told them they would get addicted to morphine and pain pills are evil and bad.

This MYTH must be addressed. Pain pill taken by people with pain are totally necessary and legitimate usage of the drug. If you are in pain you will not get "addicted" to the drug but your body will become accustomed to the medication in your system and you need to come off the med slowly with a doctors help so you can best avoid withdrawal symptoms.

There are so many people afraid of these drugs as the government pumps you so full of anti drug this and that, that people believe drugs are bad when you NEEd them!!!!

(Broken Wings) your story is so sad to me to know you suffered for so long with nothing to help ease your pain. It brings tears to my eyes. the docs probably offered u a couple of different drugs as our systems are so different that we need to take drugs that work effectively with our own body. the body is a funny thing is it not!!

thank you for sharing your story and enlightening us on your own enlightenment to the world of pain medications. There are a lot of meds that will work in a similar way with a different composition so it is important to consider different options.

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-07-2009), billy027 (02-07-2009)